ADSM-L

Re: TSM centralized manager

2004-12-03 08:21:56
Subject: Re: TSM centralized manager
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:16:18 -0600
If you can't wait....

We use a Linux box to SMB mount the log directories, most are W2K boxes.
Then you can use your favorite UNIX tools to search for results. I use
ht://Dig, http://www.htdig.org/, it can be configured for text searches
through log files. With some basic scripting you can setup a pretty good log
management system with an easy to use http front end. I provide a pull down
list of all servers to allow specific searches and also an "all log" search.
The script smbmounts the log directory, launches the search, provides
results if any and unmounts the directory.

Hope this helps, Good Luck...Still looking forward to 5.3.

Mark Bertrand