ADSM-L

Re: Admin command line problem

2004-12-01 07:27:21
Subject: Re: Admin command line problem
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 06:25:54 -0600

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 5, Release 2, Level 2.0
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2003. All Rights
Reserved.

working OK on AIX 5.2 with the 5.2.2.0 admin client

Dwight E. Cook
Systems Management Integration Professional, Advanced
Integrated Storage Management
TSM Administration
(918) 835-3106 (local Tulsa OK)
(877) 625-4186
T/L 349-4361

             Jozef Zatko
             <zatko AT LOGIN DOT SK>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: Admin command line problem

             12/01/2004 05:50
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

But there are (at least I am no aware of any) no admin client instalation
files. I have just baclient and api client. And when I start admin client
I see following message:

root@neptun:/usr# dsmadmc
Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 5, Release 2, Level 3.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2004 All Rights Reserved.

Enter your user id:

I believe that for Unix is admin client installed automaticaly as part of
baclient installation. Right?

Ing. Jozef Zatko
Login a.s.
Dlha 2, Stupava
tel.: (421) (2) 60252618

Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
12/01/2004 12:30 PM

Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Admin command line problem

Sounds like your baclient is up to date on AIX, but not the admin client
(they are different).