ADSM-L

Re: auto reply for checkin and checkout

2004-11-30 09:50:12
Subject: Re: auto reply for checkin and checkout
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:50:07 -0500
Not until TSM 5.3. When you use SEARCH=BULK you get the reply. For a Unix
box you could use this small shell script. I think someone on this list
posted it..I don't lay claims to it. For our Windows servers, we have a
small Perl script that does the same thing.

# set the admin username and password and the email contact
dsmuser=<userid>
dsmpass=<password>
dsmadmc -id=$dsmuser -pa=$dsmpass "run checkin"
sleep 15
REQNO=$(dsmadmc -id=$dsmuser -pa=$dsmpass "q req"|grep ANR8373I| awk '{print
dsmadmc -id=$dsmuser -pa=$dsmpass "reply $REQNO"

# finished
exit 0