ADSM-L

Re: MS-SQL TDP return code - error

2004-11-29 15:12:33
Subject: Re: MS-SQL TDP return code - error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:12:13 -0500
Zoltan,

You need to examine the log file or output of Data Protection for SQL.
RC=1912 means a VDS creation error. This happens when
Data Protection for SQL has asked to create a VDI connection
to the SQL Server in order to perform a backup or restore,
and the creation failed. The VDI error log and or SQL Server
log may also provide more information on why this creation failed.

If this is the first time running this on this machine,
it is most likely a permissions issue. If this was working
and then stopped and has not corrected itself, then something
else may be going on. In the latter case, a trace will
provide additional information.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/29/2004
02:52:18 PM:

> Can someone help interpret this error we are receiving when trying to
> backup, via the MS-SQL TDP:
>
> 11/29/2004 14:34:02  ANE4991I (Session: 74857, Node: TEAM.UCC.VCU.EDU)
TDP

>                       MSSQL Win32 ACO3000 Data Protection for SQL:
> Starting
>                       full backup of database ProjectServer from server
>                       UCCTEAM. (SESSION: 74857)
> 11/29/2004 14:34:02  ANE4993E (Session: 74857, Node: TEAM.UCC.VCU.EDU)
TDP