ADSM-L

Re: size of active vs. inactive?

2004-11-29 13:07:33
Subject: Re: size of active vs. inactive?
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:07:16 -0500
==> In article <20041129172453.GH1396 AT mikee.ath DOT cx>, Mike <mikee AT
MIKEE.ATH DOT CX> writes:

> Given a tape library and multiple different policies for data storage, is
> there a simple (resource non-intensive) way to tell how much storage (the
> size of) active files and how much storage is used for inactive files? It is
> being discussed to get a VTL and I'm thinking this should be sized 2*active
> storage.

I think the only way you'll be able to do this is via a rather long-running
select.

You might get some value out of doing your select one node at a time, that
will decrease the database blockages inferred by the query...

- Allen S. Rout