ADSM-L

Windows 2003 / Exch 2003 Cluster error

2004-11-26 11:31:41
Subject: Windows 2003 / Exch 2003 Cluster error
From: Adam Sulis <Sulis.AJ AT FORCES.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:31:27 -0500
We have installed two Windows 2003 servers (named server59 and server60),
and established a MSCS clustered Exchange 2003 Server (named server66). When
we launch the TSM for Mail client, we get an ACN5238E error: Unable to
retrieve the domain
information for the Microsoft Exchange Server.

The DSM.OPT file has server66 as the nodename, Clusternode=yes, and the node
is created on the TSM server (standard policy domain, with all server
defaults). When launching the client, we specify the /excserver=server66
switch. We are launching the client on the server that currently owns the
Exchange server in the cluster.

I know the Shortcut switch works, because launching as above gives the
ACN5238 error, but if I change the server66 to a server67 (does not exist),
I get an Exchange Server not found (not running) error. TSM Server is 5.2.2
and TDPExch is 5.2.

Any ideas appreciated.

Adam Sulis
DNIS6-5