ADSM-L

Someone please tell me WTF is going on!

2004-11-25 04:56:01
Subject: Someone please tell me WTF is going on!
From: John C Dury <jdury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 03:24:43 -0500
We back all our nodes up into a giant primary disk storage pool. We set the
hi and low thresholds both to zero to cause the data to be migrated off to
our 3494 libary. I notice several errors in the activity log saying:
 ANR9999D dfmigr.c(1413): ThreadId<103> Process 889
  detected a discrepancy in the database for cluster
  srvId=0, ck1=482 while migrating from pool BACKUPPOOL(1).
  Running dsmserv AUDITDB DISKSTORAGE FIX=YES may resolve
  the problem. Callchain of previous message: 0x1001634C
  outDiagf <- 0x105E3D20 SelectCluster <- 0x105E5104
  DfMigrationThread <- 0x10007AF0 StartThread <- 0xD004B3F0
  _pthread_body <-  (PROCESS: 889)

This caused migration process after migration process to be kicked
geneating the error above over and over so I though I better try and run
the "AUDITDB DISKSTORAGE FIX=YES" command.
I did and now when the primary disk storage pool is set to a high and low
=0, migration runs for about 5 minutes and usually only migrates 1 or 2
files at a time although it is still well over the threshold and should
keep running until the primary disk storage pool is empty or at least close
to empty. This happened for awhile and was odd but at least the data was
being migrated. Now, the primary disk storage pool is 37% full, the hi and
low thresholds are both 0, and no migration process are running and won't
start for whatever reason. I can't empty out the disk storage pool and it's
slowly filling up. HELP! What the #$%^ is going on? I've looked at
everything and can't find anything odd in any of the settings although I
don't know how they would have changed anyways.
(Can you hear the panic in my voice?!)
John