ADSM-L

Configuring TDP for Oracle

2004-11-24 12:07:46
Subject: Configuring TDP for Oracle
From: Manjula Krishnan <oradba_la AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:52:33 -0800
Our network admin was trying to install TDP for Oracle on AIX 5.2. He
encountered this error.

 MISSING REQUISITE: " bos.rte v<5 " when installing TDP Oracle V5.1.5

 Has anyone seen this before? We are trying to install TDP 5.2, for AIX 5.2 64
bit on IBM pSeries.

I subsequently installed the following packages needed for TDP and re-linked
libobk.a and did not have any problems.

tivoli.tsm.client.api.64bit                              5.2.3.0    C     F
TSM Client - 64bit Application Programming Interface

tivoli.tsm.client.oracle.aix51.64bit                5.2.0.0    C     F    IBM
Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases -  Oracle on AIX

tivoli.tsm.client.oracle.tools.aix51.64bit        5.2.0.0    C     F    IBM
Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases - Oracle Tools on AIX

tivoli.tsm.loc.client.oracle.aix51.64bit.ela      5.2.0.0    C     F    IBM
Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases - Oracle E-Lic

I just want to make sure I have installed it right. I intend to use
RMAN and am trying to configure this with the tdpo.opt file.

For the parameter TDPO_FS, the documentation suggests that you set up
a different filespace for each database that is being backed up on
this node. Is that necessary? If so, are the filespace names separated
by commas? Can anyone send me a copy of their tdpo.opt file?

Thanks,

Manjula