ADSM-L

remove=untileefull only doing one tape at a time

2004-11-23 16:51:25
Subject: remove=untileefull only doing one tape at a time
From: Andrew Ferris <AFerris AT MRL.UBC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:43:03 -0800
Our MOVE DRMMEDIA command for our 3584 library in cases of more than 10
tapes has just started putting the tapes one at a time in the Entry/Exit
port and waiting for a reply for each one. It used to fire ten in and
then ask for a reply. I'm at a loss to figure out why as the script
hasn't changed. We've got TSM 5.2.3.2 on Win2K. Can anyone suggest
something?

Here's the full script:

DRMREMOVE_GT_10

MOVE DRMEDIA * WHERESTATE=MOUNTABLE SOURCE=DBBACKUP TOSTATE=VAULT
APPEND=NO WAIT=yes REMOVE=untileefull prepare wait=yes

Andrew Ferris
Network Support Analyst
iCAPTURE Research Centre
University of British Columbia