ADSM-L

Re: inclexcl file from cloptset, can it be done ?

2004-11-23 15:36:51
Subject: Re: inclexcl file from cloptset, can it be done ?
From: Laurent Bendavid <bendavid.laurent AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:29:37 +0100
Vega, Taumel wrote:

In all my client's dsm.opt file I have following line:

Inclexcl c:\tivoli\tsm\baclient\inclexcl.file

This  file is the same across al my clients and it contains a very very
long list of exclude statements

I am trying to accomplish the same from a  Cloptset on the server.(
Pointing the Clients to a file which contains all the exclude
statements). I can not add each exclude statement manually to the server
as this would take me forever.

I would appreciate any ideas

We have the same problem in our site, and we use the solution :
- Have a text file on the server for instance CLOPT_WINNT.txt, format :
 DOMAIN;C:
 INCLEXCL;...
- import this file in TSM server in the CLOPTSET CLOPT_WINNT
 => For each update, we clean all the definition in the cloptset
     !! not the cloptset !! if you do that you break the association
with nodes
 * delete clientopt CLOPT_WINNT inclexcl seqnumber=ALL
 * ...
 => After we fill the cloptset with the text file : sequence number =
line number

 * define clientopt CLOPT_WINNT  inclexcl "include c:\proj\text\devel.*"
seqnumber=1
 * ...

- declare each node with this clopt

we use a perl script to produce all the line in a macro file and after
launch DSMADMC command.