ADSM-L

Re: Select Statement Help for Volume Breakdown

2004-11-22 15:40:10
Subject: Re: Select Statement Help for Volume Breakdown
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:39:47 -0700
> There are no scratch tapes in storage pools. A tape volume only exists
> in a storage pool when it contains client data (and is therefore no
> longer a scratch tape).

Just a footnote on this: Though less commonly seen, an empty tape volume
can also exist in a storage pool if it is manually defined to that pool by
the administrator (but even then, it is not the same as a scratch tape).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/22/2004
13:23:37: