ADSM-L

Suggestions for file system setup

2004-11-22 10:29:58
Subject: Suggestions for file system setup
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:29:37 -0600
I just received 2 143 GB internal disk for my AIX 5.1 system and was
wondering if anyone knows what the best Logical Volume stripe size to
set up as well as what the best File system Block size would be.

Hardware

4 GB Ram
4 GB Paging (Never Touched)
2 32GB Scsi Drives for root
2 142 GB SCSI Drives for Storage pool Allocation.- Replacing EMC Disk
(To Slow)
7 EMC Fibre attached disk for Database

We back up about 1/2 TB a night to these storage pools. And I just need
to know the best settings for best performance.

Thanks,
Andrew

immediately.

Thank you.