ADSM-L

Re: ANR4737e message

2004-11-19 02:40:44
Subject: Re: ANR4737e message
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:40:27 +0100
Hi Timothy,

You are right, you should not see CopyContinue i 'q node'... but you  see
it with 'q stg f=d'. Look at both primary and copy storage pools.
I still belive you got some I/O error while writing to tape. Did you check
your actlog?

//Henrik

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          Timothy Hughes        |
|        |          <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT DOT ST|
|        |          ATE.NJ.US>            |
|        |          Sent by: "ADSM: Dist  |
|        |          Stor Manager"         |
|        |          <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>|
|        |                                |
|        |                                |
|        |          2004-11-18 20:34      |
|        |          Please respond to     |
|        |          "ADSM: Dist Stor      |
|        |          Manager"              |
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                     |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)
                              |
  |       Subject:     Re: ANR4737e message
                              |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Henrik,

When I do a q node it does not show the Continue Copy on Error
selection. I used the TSM Gui to show the Copy Storage Pool.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone ever seen this message?  2 nodes received this message and
> failed with a return code of 12. The nodes did back up data before they
> failed spirixt250 40gb and sprixta_300 53.gb.
>
> 11/18/04 01:33:44     ANR4737E Transaction failed for session 826 for
> node SPRIX
>                        TA_300 (AIX) - the copy continue attribute for
> storage
>                        pool BACKUPPOOL prevented further retries.
> (SESSION: 8
>
>                   ANR2579E Schedule MIDNIGHT in domain PRODUCTION for
> node
>                        SPIRIX_300 failed (return code 12). (SESSION: 822
>
> 11/18/04 01:13:35     ANR4737E Transaction failed for session 827 for
> node SPIR
>                        IXT250 (AIX) - the copy continue attribute for
> storage po
>                        ol BACKUPPOOL prevented further retries.
> (SESSION: 827)
>
> ANR2579E Schedule MIDNIGHT in domain PRODUCTION for node
>                        SPIRIXT250 failed (return code 12). (SESSION:
> 823)
> 11/18/04 01:14:22     ANR0403I Session 823 ended for node SPIRIXT250
> (AIX). (SES
>                        SION: 823)
>
> TSM version 5.2.3.4
> Clients are AIX 5.2.3.0
>
> Thanks in advance for any responses!

> The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
> intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of
the
> information or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the
> addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete
> this message.
> Thank you.

this message.