ADSM-L

Re: TSM & SQL databases

2004-11-18 12:05:07
Subject: Re: TSM & SQL databases
From: Tammy Schellenberg <TSchellenberg AT PROSPERACREDITUNION DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:04:09 -0800
We backup SQL with TSM and use 2 different methods.  One is the TSM SQL
backup (yes we had to purchase an extra license for this) the other on our
banking system we backup the database to a file and then just use TSM to
backup the file.  we use a job server that does the backups to file, the
backup to TSM (command line) then a delete of the file when it is completed.

Tammy Schellenberg
Systems Administrator, MCP
Prospera Credit Union
email: tschellenberg AT prosperacreditunion DOT ca