ADSM-L

Re: Restore

2004-11-17 15:17:46
Subject: Re: Restore
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:17:45 -0500
Just make sure when you  use the VIRTUALNODENAME parameter that you always
select an alternate location for the restored files. NEVER..EVER..select
original locations. Especially on a Windows box. The original location is a
UNC name of the <drive>$ share of the original server and if you are
currently logged in as a domain admin, or admin of the original
server...guess what? You just overwrote the good files. Same thing on
Netware, too I believe.

Been there..done that..burned the t-shirt!

Bill Boyer
"Experience is a comb that nature gives us after we go bald." - ??