ADSM-L

Re: TSM and SATA Disk Pools

2004-11-17 14:39:44
Subject: Re: TSM and SATA Disk Pools
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:39:26 -0600
The TSM Admin guide has the following info which I assume applies to client
backups:

Concurrent volume access
Disk Volumes: A volume can be accessed concurrently by different operations.
File Volumes: Only one operation can access the volume at a time.

So it depends on whether you are using device type disk or device type file
for your disk volumes.