ADSM-L

Re: TSM server 5.2.3.4 removed from ftp site

2004-11-17 10:49:38
Subject: Re: TSM server 5.2.3.4 removed from ftp site
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:49:08 -0700
The APAR was opened on November 10. I don't control the web site, but I
would imagine that there is some delay between the time the APAR is opened
and when it gets propagated to the external web site. What that delay is,
I don't know. But my original post on the thread included the full text of
the APAR.

If your TSM server is running under a heavy load with lots of lock
contention, then the risk of the LOCKCYCLE02 crash is pretty high. If you
are willing to risk and tolerate the crash, then you can stay at 5.2.3.4.
Just be certain that you are backing up your db regularly, and of course,
db/log mirroring and log roll forward mode is always recommended.
Otherwise go back to 5.2.3.3, then when 5.2.3.5 is available, go there.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/17/2004
08:29:43: