ADSM-L

Unable to delete all filespaces for a node

2004-11-17 05:52:14
Subject: Unable to delete all filespaces for a node
From: Niklas Lundstrom <niklas.lundstrom AT FORENINGSSPARBANKEN DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:52:01 +0100
Hello

I have exported a node from one TSM server to another but I never used the
exported node and decided to remove it
But trying to remove node SPNT350 TSM tells me: Inventory reference still exist.

I the do a q occu spnt350:

tsm: PROD-ADSM3>q occu spnt350
ANR2034E QUERY OCCUPANCY: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

ok, nothing there, then a q file

tsm: PROD-ADSM3>q file spnt350

Node Name       Filespace   FSID Platform Filespace Is Files- Capacity   Pct
                Name                      Type        pace        (MB)  Util
                                                    Unicode?
--------------- ----------- ---- -------- --------- --------- -------- -----
SPNT350         SYSTEM         3 (?)      SYSTEM       Yes         0.0   0.0
                 OBJECT

ok, I then run:

tsm: PROD-ADSM3>del file spnt350 3 namet=fsid type=any wait=yes
ANR2238W This command will result in the deletion of all inventory references
to the data on filespaces that match the pattern SYSTEM OBJECT (fsId=3) for
node SPNT350 , whereby rendering the data unrecoverable.

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR0984I Process 113 for DELETE FILESPACE started in the FOREGROUND at
11:49:01.
ANR0800I DELETE FILESPACE SYSTEM OBJECT (fsId=3) for node SPNT350 started as
process 113.
ANR0802I DELETE FILESPACE SYSTEM OBJECT (fsId=3) (backup/archive data) for node
SPNT350 started.
ANR0806I DELETE FILESPACE SYSTEM OBJECT (fsId=3) complete for node SPNT350: 0
objects deleted.
ANR0985I Process 113 for DELETE FILESPACE running in the FOREGROUND completed
with completion state SUCCESS at 11:49:01.

But a q file spnt350 still show the system object filespace!!!

tsm: PROD-ADSM3>q file spnt350

Node Name       Filespace   FSID Platform Filespace Is Files- Capacity   Pct
                Name                      Type        pace        (MB)  Util
                                                    Unicode?
SPNT350         SYSTEM         3 (?)      SYSTEM       Yes         0.0   0.0
                 OBJECT

any suggestions???

MVH
Niklas Lundström