ADSM-L

stable server version?

2004-11-16 10:53:52
Subject: stable server version?
From: Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:53:38 -0600
Yo,

tsm: X>q stat
Session established with server X: Windows
  Server Version 5, Release 1, Level 6.5
  Server date/time: 11/16/2004 09:31:37  Last access: 11/16/2004 09:11:52

I want to upgrade this Thanksgiving due to a single ANR0104E imutil.c
error when a client tries to backup or delete a filespace. Previous posts
suggest that upgrading the server ought to fix the problem, as well as get
us up to date, which I ought to have done a while ago.

What is the most stable version for Win2K? Is that 5.1.9.0? Can I go
directly from 5.1.6.5 to 5.1.9.0? I read a post that 5.1.7.0 is the most
stable, but maybe that post is old? What's the deal with 5.2? Can I
upgrade to 5.2 or would that involve a complete reinstall?

Don't want the latest, I want the stablest.

Thanks,

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems Administrator | Imaging Technology Group
    Beckman Institute | University of Illinois | www.itg.uiuc.edu