ADSM-L

VitalFile Real-Time backup into TSM and file servers

2004-11-12 12:46:21
Subject: VitalFile Real-Time backup into TSM and file servers
From: Chris Stakutis <chris.stakutis AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:30:25 -0500
Hi...We recently released VitalFile on the IBM AlphaWorks site.
It can be download (for free) at:
     http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/vitalfilebackup

We're excited to put this out.  In the future, we'll be charging for it so
now's your chance.  We're anxious for feedback.

What is VitalFile?

It is a product targeted [mostly] at Laptops and Workstations and does
real-time to-disk protection.  Up to three copies of saved documents are
automatically created.  One copy is stored locally, with versions, so that
you can restore no matter where you are, even without network
connectivity.

Another copy can be queued up and sent to a file server and/or a TSM
server. If the network is unavailable (like when you're in your car or an
airplane) the copies pend and will complete once reconnected.

Anyway, the web site has good information.  Give it a shot?  Shoot
me an email if you have any questions.

Chris Stakutis
CTO VitalFile/FilePath & SANergy   IBM
Cell: 978 764 3488