ADSM-L

Re: odd node session

2004-11-11 14:55:56
Subject: Re: odd node session
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:55:35 -0500

Opps, nevermind, you already asked the question..

Sung Y. Lee

             Sung Y
             Lee/Austin/IBM
             11/11/2004 02:54          "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
             PM                        <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: odd node session(Document link:
                                       Sung Y Lee)

Question..  when you query past activity for that session does it show any
ip it is connecting from?
I am wondering if you can get at least an ip from that session...maybe...

Sung Y. Lee

             "Gill, Geoffrey
             L."
             <GEOFFREY.L.GILL@                                          To
             SAIC.COM>                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         odd node session
             .EDU>

             11/11/2004 02:34
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I think I had asked and got no replies. I find this very odd that all of a
sudden I see a node session without a Client Name attached to it. The other
real odd thing is the session, 3104 in this case, shows as connected yet if
I go back and see when it started it does not show in the activity log. It
disconnects fine if I force it but that shows no clue as to what it is.

Has anyone seen this before or have an idea as to what this is?

  Sess    Comm.     Sess        Wait      Bytes      Bytes    Sess
Platform    Client Name

Number    Method    State       Time       Sent      Recvd    Type

------    ------    ------    ------    -------    -------    -----
--------    -------------------

3,104    Tcp/Ip    IdleW     56.2 M         60          4    Node

tsm: ADSM>cancel sess 3104

ANR0490I Canceling session 3104 for node  () .

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC