ADSM-L

Re: Restoring Backup

2004-11-11 11:15:16
Subject: Re: Restoring Backup
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:15:01 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Jones, Eric J
>I need to restore some files from the backups to a client that
>is not behind the firewall.
>Since I cannot set the access from the client(behind firewall)
>to allow another machine to restore I'm not sure how I allow
>another machine to restore these files.
>Normally I would do(on client machine that backs up to TSM)
>dsmc set access backup "/users01/oracle/patches/*" machine2 On
>machine that I'm dumping data to dsmc restore
>-fromnode=machine1 -subdir=y "/users01/oracle/patches/*"
>
>Client machine in DMZ:  Running TSM 5.2.2, Solaris 8 Clients
>that I'm trying to restore on:  AIX 4.2(TSM 5.1.6(AIX)),  and
>a Solaris 8 machine(TSM 5.2.2 (SUN))
>TSM Server:   5.2.2

You will probably not be able to restore an AIX file onto a Solaris
filesystem, because of the varying structures.

To restore a Solaris file from client ABC to an alternate Solaris client
DEF, run this on DEF:

dsmc -virtualnodename=ABC

You will have to authenticate by using ABC's password, but you should
then be able to restore the desired file(s).

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627