ADSM-L

Restoring Backup

2004-11-11 11:01:47
Subject: Restoring Backup
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:01:34 -0500
Good Morning.
I backup a server that sits behind a firewall nightly to my TSM server.
The firewall allows only server initiated communications so the client cannot
start a session.
I need to restore some files from the backups to a client that is not behind
the firewall.
Since I cannot set the access from the client(behind firewall) to allow another
machine to restore I'm not sure how I allow another machine to restore these
files.
Normally I would do(on client machine that backs up to TSM)
dsmc set access backup "/users01/oracle/patches/*" machine2
On machine that I'm dumping data to
dsmc restore -fromnode=machine1 -subdir=y "/users01/oracle/patches/*"

Client machine in DMZ:  Running TSM 5.2.2, Solaris 8
Clients that I'm trying to restore on:  AIX 4.2(TSM 5.1.6(AIX)),  and a Solaris
8 machine(TSM 5.2.2 (SUN))
TSM Server:   5.2.2

Have a Great Day,
Eric Jones