ADSM-L

Re: Archive going to the wrong TSM server!?!

2004-11-08 21:08:49
Subject: Re: Archive going to the wrong TSM server!?!
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:08:32 -0700
Joni,

I don't know why you are seeing this, but I have to wonder about your
configuration. The fact that you are running archive shouldn't present a
problem. Do you see a connection to a different server if you just run

   dsmc q se

?

Try running:

   dsmc q systeminfo

then examine the resulting dsminfo.txt file. It will show the contents of
the dsm.sys and dsm.opt files in use, your environment variables, and
other information. Make sure that then dsm.opt and dsm.sys files you
*think* you are using *are* the ones you are using.

I also don't think we support the use of multiple servername stanzas in
dsm.opt (Unix is not my area of expertise, but I can't find anything that
says the client supports this).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/08/2004
05:33:41:

> Hello All!
>
> We are having issues directing archives to the proper TSM server.  We
have
> 3 different TSM servers defined on our Sun Solaris Oracle servers.  They
> are being directed to a mainframe TSM server and 2 AIX 5.2 TSM 5.2.2.5
> servers.  Here is the following command that is being issued:
>
>       + dsmc archive /u02/oradata/t93a/und_01a.dbf -server=tsmdev
>       -archmc=lanfree35 -password=admin -verbose -des=archive_tpoc.sh
>       1105042346
>       IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
>       Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface - Version 5, Release
2,
>       Level 2.0
>       (c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2003. All
Rights
>       Reserved.
>
>       Archive function invoked.
>
>       Node Name: FJSU002
>       Session established with server TSMPROD: AIX-RS/6000
>       Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 2.5
>       Data compression forced off by the server
>       Server date/time: 11/05/04 23:46:56 Last access: 11/05/04 23:43:44
>
> I guess I am wondering why the connection is going to TSMPROD when the
user
> specifies -server=tsmdev?  Thank you in advance for any
suggestions/input