ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: How would I check to see if filesare on tapealready?

2004-11-08 10:30:17
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: How would I check to see if filesare on tapealready?
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:22:42 -0500
> select file_name form contents where node_name='Sprint800"

'Sprint800' probably wont work, it has lowercase in it. (not positive
though)
Try SPRINT800.

But, I would narrow it down a bit more.
First find what tape it may be on:

select volume_name from volumeusage where node_name='SPRINT800' and
stgpool_name='YOURPOOLNAME' and filespace_id=idnumber

then for each tape volume name:

select file_name from contents where volume_name='volname' and
node_name='SPRINT800' and filespace_id=idnumber and file_name like
'directory filename'

The format of the file_name search is probably the toughest to get right if
you don't know what directory it is in.  ALso if it is Windows, make sure
it is upper case, if Unix get the case correct.

You could run "select file_name from contents where ..." without the
'file_name' part and > it to a file and look there later.  or use 'q
content volumename f=d > file' to a file nd look in the file

Matt Glanville

                      Christian Demnitz
                      <christian.demnitz@         To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      SINIUS.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:             Subject: Antwort: Re:
Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: How would I check to
                      Dist Stor Manager"          see if filesare on
tapealready?
                      <[email protected]

                      11/08/04 10:05 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi,

I dont't know another way!

Christian Demnitz

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
08.11.2004 16:00
Bitte antworten an

An
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Kopie

Thema
Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: How would I check to see if
filesare on tapealready?

Christian
The command I am entering is

select file_name form contents where node_name='Sprint800"

Is this correct? It is taking very long is there another way to find
these files?

Thanks for your help!