ADSM-L

SQL differential backups

2004-11-02 11:33:10
Subject: SQL differential backups
From: Moses Show <Moses.Show AT STPAUL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:30:49 +0000
Hi People,
        We currently have various SQL servers which are being backed up
using TDP for SQL. Currently we are doing full backups on a daily basis,
but with server space being at a premium we have decided to begin
implementing incremental backups alongside full backups.
The intended method is to create a batch file and call it sqldiff. Next
would then have to create a schedule for the differential backup, decide
upon the frequency it  should be run and then attach a client to the
schedule. It is anticipated that differentials will run during the week
(Mon-Fri) and then full backups at the weekends.

Can anyone advise on whether this is a good way to start with or if there
is indeed a simpler and more efficient  way to achieve our goal

Thanks in advance.
This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all
copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein,
from your system.

The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 11/02/2004,
11:32:40 AM.