ADSM-L

Running INTEL machine through firewall

2004-11-01 15:41:58
Subject: Running INTEL machine through firewall
From: "Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:41:42 -0500
Good Afternoon.
I'm running TSM 5.2.2 server on an AIX machine running AIX 5.2.
I have a UNIX machine behind the firewall which I currently backup over port
6150 without a problem using "ServerInitiated Backups".
The Passwordaccess is set to generate.
To setup the UNIX machine the 1st time I went to the command line(on client),
typed dsmc, kickoff the scheduled backup from the server and it prompted for
the password.  I entered the PW and the backup took off.  After the 1st time
it(password entered) the backups run each day with no intervention.
The firewall has only port 6150 open in 1 direction(server to client).

How do you setup an INTEL machine with "ServerOnly", server initiated backups?
The machine is a Windows 2000 server running TSM 5.2.2(client).
On the server I have the client setup with the following
==========================
Session Initiation ServerOnly
HLADDRESS 158.187.101.99
LLADDRESS 6150
=============================
On the client do I need to add a line in the dsm.opt     "sessioninitiation
serveronly"
In the dsm.opt currently I have
Passwordacces           generate
tcpclientp              6150
SCHEDMODE       polling                          (assume that client is waiting
for server to contact it)

Is there any other lines I need to add?
Also how is the password generated the 1st time so the communications between
the server and client is established when the server contacts the client.   I
have not setup a windows machine through the firewall and the documentation
seemed easier to understand with AIX than with INTEL.

Thanks
Have a Great Day,
Eric