ADSM-L

DB2 offline backups on WINNT

2004-10-30 13:08:29
Subject: DB2 offline backups on WINNT
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:16:13 +0500
Dear All,
Since we don't have any DB2 Administrator therefore I am not going into taking
online backups of DB2. The application that is using DB2 taking DB2 backups by
first shutting doen the database and then taking backups using DB2 commands and
then starting the database. They keep this backedup database with them on tapes
and then rotation of tapes start.

Now I am going to automate only this backedup database by taking incremental
backups only.

Question:
For Database "A", what folders should I exclude so that I get all the
configuration of DB2 and then restoring database from those backups.
Do I have to shutdown DB2 before I take incremental backups of entire WINNT
machine?????

How about open file support on NT since there is no wizard to configure open
file support, and not even an option to select forimage etc.?????

Please advise and Help !
Kind Regards,
Sandra