ADSM-L

INCL/EXCL again - backup just some directories

2004-10-28 11:46:48
Subject: INCL/EXCL again - backup just some directories
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:45:57 -0500
Yes, again.  This is something that never seems to stick correctly in my
brain...

I have some windows machines, where I do a normal TSM backup weekly.

I want to do a backup of just certain directories and their content daily.
The directories I want to backup also have sub-directories within them.

Should an options file like this do the trick?  Do you have other
suggestions?

This will be a secondary options file for just the daily backup:

DOMAIN D:                   -- every thing I want today is on the D Drive.

Exclude                        "D:*.*"

Include              "D:\APPS"

Include              "D:\GROUP"

Include              "D:\HOME"

The options for the WEEKEND backup would have

DOMAIN           ALL-LOCAL

Exclude.dir        "D:\APPS"

Exclude.dir        "D:\GROUP"

Exclude.dir        "D:\HOME"

Setting up the TSM scheduler is now an issue.  I need a separate schedule
for the weekly and the daily backups, but I want it to use the TSM
scheduler, so I seem to need separate client names for each.  Is this
correct?

TIA for your time and suggestions. ... JC