ADSM-L

Re: How to define an adic FastStor LTO Ultrium 1 with a 7 slot autoloader under ITSM 5.2.2.5

2004-10-25 18:04:00
Subject: Re: How to define an adic FastStor LTO Ultrium 1 with a 7 slot autoloader under ITSM 5.2.2.5
From: Hunny Kershaw <hunnychka AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:03:41 -0700

Ronald,

You will need the TSM device driver for the autoloader and the IBM device
driver for the drive if it's IBM LTO drive. On Windows 2003, you will need
to configure the device first through device manager. Then before defining
the library through the device config wizard, you can make sure the devices
are properly configured by checking the device names. Management Console ->
Tivoli Storage Manager -> <localhost> -> TSM device driver -> Reports ->
Device Information. Under Device Name, you should see lbx.x.x.x for the
autoloader and tapex for the drive.

Regards,

Hunny Kershaw

Check out what we support @
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBM_TSM_Supported_Devices_for_AIXHPSUNWIN.html

             "Hammer, Ronald
             A."
             <rahammer@INFOCON                                          To
             CEPT.COM>                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         How to define an adic FastStor LTO
             .EDU>                     Ultrium 1 with a 7 slot autoloader
                                       under ITSM 5.2.2.5

             10/25/2004 05:50
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

Hi Listers,

I've got an "adic FastStor LTO Ultrium 1 with a 7 slot autoloader" and
want to drive it with my ITSM 5.2.2.5 for DR-Backups.

The ITSM is running under W2K3-Server. In the device manager of W2K3 I
see the tape drive and an undefined media changer.

Now I've two small questions:

1. Do I need any driver for the autoloader?
2. In which way I've to define that "library" to ITSM

Thanks for any useful answers

Ronald

GIF image

GIF image