ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license

2004-10-23 21:47:12
Subject: Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license
From: "Yuhico, Alexandra" <alexandra.yuhico AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:49:18 +1000
I just recently added an expansion frame to my 3584 library and i didn't
have to define anything on TSM or on the AIX box it's running on to
recognize that we added expansion frames.

I'm assuming it's the same thing for additional slot bays.  In which case
does TSM care how many slots I have at all, and will TSM charge for extra
license unless we tell them?

In our second site, we have a 3584 Library that can only load tapes on the
side where the drives are (not the slots on the door). Apparently, we have
to pay to get the Library's gripper to turn around and access those slots.
Payment is for the LTO library not for the TSM License though.

Not sure if that helped.

Ta,
Alexandra