ADSM-L

Re: GigE Conversion

2004-10-21 16:05:58
Subject: Re: GigE Conversion
From: Dameon White <dameon_white AT CHARTER DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:05:42 -0400
The file size that I tested was 500MB.  While the backup is running at 11
MB/sec I used FTP to send another large file down the same pipes and it
transfered at 49 MB/sec.  So I know that the pipes between server and client
will handle the load.

I have adjusted the TCPWINDOWSIZE to 64 on the server and 63 on the client
according to the Tuning Guide.  I also increased the client's TCPBUFFSIZE from
16 to 32.

When I backed up on the 100MB network we were seeing 7-8MB/sec, so we have
increased performance a little.

There is no client compression.

Thanks for all of your input.

DW