ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license

2004-10-20 16:14:59
Subject: Re: Upgrading an IBM 3583 library...the 'enterprise' license
From: Odd-Magne Sekkingstad <virrevapp AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:59:44 +0100
Based on the information from
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBM_TSM_Supported_Devices_for_AIXHPSUNWIN.html,
it states: "For IBM Tivoli Storage Manager version 5.1 and later, to
use a library with greater than 3 drives or greater than 40 storage
slots, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition is required."

Based on that it should be clear that you need the extended edition
even if you only used 1 slot in the library. The option you can
consider is to get a second small library, like the 3581.

Regards,
Odd-Magne