ADSM-L

Finding huge client files

2004-10-19 09:32:50
Subject: Finding huge client files
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:32:34 -0500
I'm starting to see more of these:

ANR0521W Transaction failed for session 62190 for node <nodename> -
object excluded by size in storage pool SERVERDISKPOOL and all successor
pools.

...and I want to be able to contact these end=users to determine what
they're trying to back up. But the name of the thing which was too big
is nowhere to be found. This leads to an exchange that always goes
something like this:

ME:     You're trying to back up a very, very, very huge file. It isn't
        working.
CLIENT: No I'm not. I have no big files. Prove it - what's it called?
ME:     Um, I dunno, but you have it.
CLIENT: If you can't name it, I don't have it. Go away and stop
        bothering me.

How can I find out the names of these huge files? It doesn't matter
whether I plan to take an accomodating or combative approach - I need to
know the names of these monster files.