ADSM-L

Help for manually archiving with two drives

2004-10-15 12:14:11
Subject: Help for manually archiving with two drives
From: Tao Jiang <tjiang AT COBANTECH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:12:56 -0500
Hi, TSM users,

Is it 2003 Security or TSM API Issue?
Is there difference between TSM Client GUI and API?

System Configuration:

IBM Raid, IBM Server E Series 345, Tape Library 3583, 2 Tape Drive 3580 TD2
TSM Server 5.2.00, Client 5.2.00/ Windows 2003

To archive files from RAID to Tape Library, we would like two drives to archive
files at the same time. Manually archive with two job files, but the archiving
speed is very slow. Some files are missing, with errors:

> TSM Client Error: Server: PDSVIDEO6_SERVER1 Source: PDSVIDEO6_SERVER1
Node: MyNode Session Id: 265 ANE4006E Error processing
'\\ServerName\e$\videofiles\1111\1111 AT 20041012103236 DOT MPG': directory
path not
found

> TSM Client Error: Server: PDSVIDEO6_SERVER1 Source: PDSVIDEO6_SERVER1
Node: MyNode Session Id: 241 ANE4005E Error processing
'\\ServerName\e$\videofiles\1111\1111 AT 20040203135627 DOT mpg': file not found

The speed is slow, observed that C drive is busy when archiving from RAID to
Tape Library.

Tried archive with one job file using one tape drive. No file is missing and no
error but speed is very slow.
Tried archive files from C drive to Tape, speed is normal and no error, with
two drives.
Tired archive files from RAID to Tape Library with TSM client GUI, no errors
and speed is normal.

Opt file:

NODENAME MyNode
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE