ADSM-L

Converting to 3592 tapes

2004-10-14 10:34:40
Subject: Converting to 3592 tapes
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:35:28 -0500
I would use the suggestion of redirecting the destination of your storage pools
to the new devclass for 3592s.

Another option is to create the new pools as orvile sugested, directing all new
data there.

Also, at this point change the reclaim stgpool for your old 9840 pools to the
new pool.  Now as tapes are reclaimed from 9840, the data automatically moves
to the 3592 tapes.

Also, as you wish to move more data, just change the reclamation threshhold to
move more data.

I did this when moving from 3480 to 3590 tapes, and it worked great.
Hope this helps.

Gary Lee
Senior Operating Systems Analyst
Ball State University