ADSM-L

Re: include exclude list

2004-10-14 10:01:41
Subject: Re: include exclude list
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:58:44 -0400
I think you want   EXCLUDE.Dir /.../.snapshot

Study Include/Exclude doc in the client manual, as it's vital to fully
understand and master their intricacies. TSM Include/Exclude specs are
generic in their formulation, and should not be confused with the
wildcard
specs of any given operating system, though they may look similar.

If you happen to have any Windows clients, and they employ Journal-based
backups, a further complication is that this regimen employs its own
exclusion discipline, separate from the normal B/A client regimen.

   Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs