ADSM-L

Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query

2004-10-13 12:49:44
Subject: Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <HCR AT STERIA DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:50:03 +0200
Yes, that is possible. Wrapping perl around a lot of TSM-queries has
been my method of choice until recently. But then I heard about TSM
Console and used that since. I really recommend it. Takes about two
minutes to set up and you have it running with a default report. Fully
customizable with your own specialized SQl-queries, alarms etc. Set it
to mail the report automatically to the TSM-administrators and local
client administrators can be automatically notifed when the client
schedule has 'missed' or 'failed'.

Use another 10 minutes to set up Apache and these reports are available
on the web.

Usually I am sceptical about these products and prefer the
script/hack-method, but TSM Console is great.

It's free. Try downloading it from IBM(search for TSM Operational
Reporting)

Best regards

Hans Chr.