ADSM-L

Re: Versioning

2004-10-13 10:06:37
Subject: Re: Versioning
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <RichardM AT INVERA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:56:02 -0400
We are actually using a version control program called Continuus and moving
to CVS in the future.

My question was more how daily backups are handled in terms of file changes
.. If you keep 5 copies of a file , is that enough ? If the file is modified
in one week five times and the backup picks up all five versions, then the
oldest one will be dropped when the backup finds the file changed for the
sixth time. Then, the oldest backup of the file that I can go back to is the
next to last one dropped. Yes, I realize that it depends on company policy,
but are there any guidelines to work off of ?

Rich