ADSM-L

Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query

2004-10-13 09:54:34
Subject: Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <HCR AT STERIA DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:54:47 +0200
Thank you for the information!

Since it doesn't work I limit the searches by a 'where' statement.

(Btw. any reason for the limitations? Are they afraid we're going to use
the TSM-database for other purposes?)

Best regards

Hans Chr.

---
Hans - The TSM database is not an SQL db.  The SQL operations which can
       be performed are extremely limited, to what is described in the
TSM Admin Guide and Admin Ref manuals, and the Technical Guide redbook.
And the overhead of some SQL operations can be prohibitive.
In particular, there is no way to limit a table search or its results
set.

  Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs