ADSM-L

Re: BMR restore Win2000

2004-10-13 08:25:41
Subject: Re: BMR restore Win2000
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:25:28 -0400
Another thing to concider is the partitions. Was the original install done
with the IBM CD's? I think that a small partition is created in addition to
the boot partition. Then if you just used the Windows install CD's to do the
BMR, the information in BOOT.INI wouldn't match. Before doing the restore of
the C: drive, save the boot.ini file and compare it after the restore.

 Bill