ADSM-L

Server Upgrade 5.1.8.3 -> 5.2.3 Issues

2004-10-12 18:22:05
Subject: Server Upgrade 5.1.8.3 -> 5.2.3 Issues
From: Dwight McCann <dwight AT TRIXIE.ISC.UCSB DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:21:54 -0700
I would like to upgrade my TSM 5.1.8.3 W2K server to TSM 5.2.3.  I
searched the list for "gotchas" and read the readme install but I
apparently didn't do a good job.  In the past, I have simpy taken the
old version down, executed the Server Install and then the Driver
Install, and brought TSM back up without any problems or issues.  When I
performed this process today, I got a pop-up saying something about
using .NET and having to turn on the Remote Registry Service [which is
generally frowned upon here] and the install terminated. I have no
interest in running .NET services in TSM. But when  I turned on the
service and tried again, there was another pop-up saying that an old
version existed that must be uninstalled.  I have almost 10TB of data in
TSM.  I do NOT want to uninstall it in order to upgrade to a new
version!  Can someone here shed any light on either of these two issues?

--
Dwight McCann
Computer and Network Technologist, UCSB Info Systems & Computing