ADSM-L

Re: failed. Return code = 12.

2004-10-12 10:38:43
Subject: Re: failed. Return code = 12.
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:38:08 -0400
I think it's more of a need to fix the reason for the failure, rather than
ignore it. If this is Windows2003, then for full support of the System
State, System Services, and ASR you need a 5.2 client and a 5.2 server.
According to posts on this list, you can get a full recovery using the 5.1
client.

Look at the DSMERROR.LOG file to determine the error. You should also look
at the server activity log for around the time the schedule is ending for
any message there.

It's not always a good thing to ignore errors. If you ignore this one as not
significant, what about the next one?? That could very well be a real
failure of the backup and now you're not covered.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.