ADSM-L

Re: export errors

2004-10-12 08:31:07
Subject: Re: export errors
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:28:05 -0400
On Oct 12, 2004, at 7:50 AM, Moga, Costin wrote:

I have some problems with the export. Every time I try an export, it is
interrupted after exporting more than 3/4 of total, with the error:
10/09/2004 20:01:58 ANR1420W Read access denied for volume 000010 -
volume
access mode = "unavailable".
10/09/2004 20:01:58 ANR0670W EXPORT SERVER: Transaction failed -
storage
media inaccessible.
10/09/2004 20:02:01 ANR0986I Process 127 for EXPORT SERVER running in
the
BACKGROUND processed ... items for a total of .....bytes with a
completion
state of FAILURE at 20:02:01.
 I tried audit on the volume with the problem and it is OK
Do you know any export parameter to ignore the files which cannot be
read? I
didn't see any, and I realy don't know what to do.
I already tried 3 times and each time I have another file with problem.
Thanks in advance
Costin Moga

Not included in your posting is the vital information: the Status value
for
the volume. Volumes which are to participate in storage pool operations
need to have status values which allow them to participate, and the
volumes
need to be in good condition - otherwise it's just a waste of time.
I would suggest performing 'Query Volume ACCess=UNAVailable,DEStroyed'
beforehand, to detect tape issues in advance, and look into and resolve
any
problems.  You may have to do some work on a few of the volumes: the one
you ran into may just be the first problem tape of possibly multiple.
Keep in mind that Export is long-running, and things may happen to its
input (and perhaps also output) volumes as it is running.

   Richard Sims