ADSM-L

Re: How to see TSM device driver mapping with TSM server

2004-10-10 15:25:59
Subject: Re: How to see TSM device driver mapping with TSM server
From: Ian Hobbs <little_brutus AT ROGERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:24:41 -0400
I've seen that Windows presents the devices as follows

mt{target}.0.0.{bus}

So mt4.0.0.6 would be scsi target 4 on bus 6. We found for tape on FC with
QLogic cards, life was ALOT
easier when we used persistant bindings. All drives would be the same on all
machines.

Using the QLogic SANBLADE software, allowed us to see both the target and the
WWPN of the drive.

Once the target is known, the WWPN can be figured out, then mapped to the AIX
device names.

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:10:05 +0530, Raju Gv wrote:

>Hi
>
>        We are currently we are using Aix 4.3.3 with TSM 5.1.1.8 server, We
>want to configure TSM 5.2 client on Windows 2000 server.
>        How to see the windows NT device mapping with TSM server ( element
>mapping)
>
>        eg TSM /dev/rmt0 to NT mt4.0.0.6
>
>Regards
>Sujesh

Ian Hobbs
little_brutus AT rogers DOT com
"Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience."
-Dilbert