ADSM-L

Re: TDP Setup for Domino - Please Help

2004-10-08 21:14:54
Subject: Re: TDP Setup for Domino - Please Help
From: Eduardo Esteban <eesteban AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 18:17:37 -0700
Make sure the PASSWORDDIR option in dsm.sys,  for the new  stanza,
points to a directory where the notes user for the new partition can write
to.
It probably is pointing to one of the already configured partitions and is
unable to write to it.

Eduardo

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/08/2004
02:30:52 PM:

> Hi all,

> I'm having trouble with my setup here, please help...

> My system is:
> Solaris 8
> Lotus Notes R5

> I was asked to setup backup for a newly created notes partition. it
> is the 5th notes partition on this particular server and on the
> other four partitions, the backup is running smoothly. I'm new to
> this stuff, so i follow instructions form ibm: "Configuring Data
> Protection for Domino", on the solaris section.. heres what i did:

> - run dominstall
> - make dsm_notes5.opt (option file for this particullar partition)
> - ask the TSM admin to add my new node
> - edit dsm.sys (copy param/options of other nodes/partition)

> well, after all that i seems fine. but if i enter domdsmc commands,
iget: