ADSM-L

Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

2004-10-08 10:31:53
Subject: Re: AW: DSMSERV UNLOADDB
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:29:27 +0200
Hi Dave!
My largest production server has a rather low fragmentation level (about 2
%). Another one, which is slowly being phased out, has a percentage of
60%!!!! Both machines have a lot of nodes removed in the past, but only the
big one has nodes added.
So my guess is that TSM reuses the fragmented space for new nodes, but of
course I cannot prove this.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines