ADSM-L

Re: Re: 3494 library error codes

2004-10-07 11:25:25
Subject: Re: Re: 3494 library error codes
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:27:42 -0500
I was having similar problems on my AIX 5.1 32-bit environment with
both TSM 5.2.2 and 5.2.3.  The symptoms were both a 004C6D32 OP code
(on dismounts) and a 00586D38 OP code (on mounts), with no sense data
for either I/O error.

I opened a call with support this summer and eventually they tracked
it down to thread conflicts when opening a 349X library.  They've
assigned APAR IC42661 for the problem, but there is no ETA for a fix.

The dismounts aren't an issue because the server retries and is able
to (eventually) open the library.  The mounts are more annoying, but
in my case it usually just resulted in the I/O error being logged and
the mount being tried on another drive.

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa