ADSM-L

Re: select command

2004-10-07 10:32:54
Subject: Re: select command
From: "Smith, Rachel" <Rachel.Smith AT XEROX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:35:34 +0100
Hi,

I am using drm functions within  tsm but the move script that is
scheduled is moving all tapes written to, I want this script to move
only database tapes from today only, not data tapes as well.
If you set the command "move drmedia * wherest=mountable source=dbbackup
tost=vault" to checkout only database tapes, it does not only checkout
db tapes, it checks database and data.

I was going to try the "select" command to select database tapes that
are onsite, send out to a file and run a checkout/move on the listed
media. But move and checkout does not allow you to use file output. So
it looks like scripts are the way for this one.

Thank you for your assistance,
Rachel

Forum:   ADSM.ORG - ADSM / TSM Mailing List Archive
 Date:      Oct 07, 10:20
 From:      Daniel Sparrman <nobody at nowhere.com <mailto:nobody at
nowhere.com> >

Hi Rachel

No, you cant accomplish this TSM internal scripting.

Have you considered using the DRM functionality within TSM? The DRM
has=20
built-in commands for handling the movement of DB backups between
on-site=20
and vault(and back again)?

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman