ADSM-L

Re: select command

2004-10-07 09:42:20
Subject: Re: select command
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:44:44 +0200
Hi Rachel

First, the SQL language used in TSM is not TSM specific. Therefore, the
command move, which is not a SQL command, cannot be used in an SQL
statement.

Second, as far as I know, you cant use resultlists from SQL statements and
pass these on to TSM internal commands without using any form of external
scripting like ksh scripting.

Depending on the platform you're using, you could use some form of
external scripting tool, like command scripting on the Windows platform or
KSH scripting on AIX to accomplish what you're looking for.

One small question though; why do you want to move your backup tapes?
Cause this is what I guess you're looking for, a way to find out which
tapes were used, and the move them out of the library.

In that case, the use of copy storagepools would probably be alot better,
as copy pools have these capabilities built-in.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Smith, Rachel" <Rachel.Smith AT XEROX DOT COM>
2004-10-07 15:29
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: select command

Hi, the option below worked, thanks for that.

But is there a way to send the output from the select command to issue
the move command to checkout tapes?

select volume_name from volhistory where
Date(date_time)=date(current_timestamp)
type='BACKUPFULL' location<>'VAULT'
move drmedia * tost=vault
Thanks again:)